Tuesday, June 2, 2015

1958 Topps Giants Team Set - Complete!

I recently picked up the last card I needed to complete my 1958 Topps Giants team set and here is the card that finished it off:

I usually don't purchase graded cards and some day when I do a little research into how to free this card from its plastic prison it will find it's place into a Giants binder.  However my goal was to secure a nice looking card in reasonable shape at a good price and after a couple patient months, this was the card.

Prior to obtaining this card, there were 2 more that I needed to finish off the set.  One not so hard to track down and purchase:
 And one a little more challenging and costly:

Despite this just being a face shot, it is one of my favorite Mays cards of all time.  The blue background makes his picture pop and the carefree look and slight smile represents the Mays attitude and enjoyment for the game that Mays exhibited throughout his career.

I typically show the entire team set together in pages which is a little more challenging with a graded card.  If I wanted to mess around with photoshop I could probably simulate it but I am too lazy right now.  Still, for your viewing pleasure, here is the complete 1958 Topps Giants team set:





2 comments: