Sunday, April 24, 2016

An Update - #Supertraders Please Take a Look

Hello to all my collecting friends, this is ARPSmith here.  Still alive and well.  Read a couple blogs recently that referenced me as the primary Giants collector and also as MIA. I also noticed it has been 2 months since I posted on my blog so I thought I would give an update on where I am at with my relocation/move and also a quick collecting update.

As a reminder, I am moving from Southern California to the Kansas City, Kansas area for a new job opportunity.  I started my new job on 2/22 but my family is staying in CA to finish up the school year.  We found a great house in Overland Park, KS and we close on 5/25.  School ends here on 6/9 so we will start the 1600 mile trek on 6/11 or 6/12.  We plan to see some sites on the way so I expect we will end up in Kansas somewhere around 6/18-6/20.  I have been going back and forth to work in my new office spending about 2 of every 3 weeks in KS so my time in CA is limited. 

I packed up all my cards to help streamline the move so I don't have access to my cards.  I kept one box open for any new acquisitions.  I haven't had too much time to seek out Giants singles on the new products so I will play some catch up when I get to Kansas.  I have kept doing some shopping on eBay and have been able to pick up some nice cards that I will eventually share.

Special Note to #Supertrader friends
I have been impressed and excited by some of the great cards (and volume of cards) that have headed my way since we started the Supertrader list.  I am keeping these cards separate until after the move so I can adequately thank all of you.  I also have plans to return the favor over the summer, thinking of doing something like 5 packages a week once I get my cards unloaded and sorted.  I wanted to ask those of you that are sending out packages to hold off on sending any my way until I announce my new address.  My packing date for the movers is about a month away and with the slowness of the USPS these days I don't want to be in a situation where I miss your cards and I am not sure how forwarding of packages works.

Followers of this blog may recall that I set a goal to get 1 T206 card per month and I am trying to maintain that during my transition.  Prior to boxing everything up, I did take a scan of my March pick up.  Can't have a post without a card, right?

This is obviously another graded card and it is actually my second of three Mike Donlin T206 cards - the seated version.  Donlin was also the subject in my January T206 post, that card was the fielding pose.  I will eventually finish up the trifecta with the Bat version.  As you can see this is a PSA 2 and looks really nice (sorry for the blurry scan, the card is quite crisp in person).  Like the other card I picked up with this one it is listed as a miss cut. Again it has to be top to bottom centering as the size of the card is appropriate.

With this card I am up to 7 T206 cards in my collection.  If I keep with my goal I will be in double digits by mid year!

Looking forward to be back engaged in our blogging community this summer.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move and nice T206 acquisition! So, parallels of cards date back over 100 years ago? Who would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice T206!! Congrats on the move, hope all goes well in the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I kept one box open for any new acquisitions."
    New job, new city, new home, traveling, etc., but you still keep the priorities in focus. I love it!
    Good luck with everything, friend :)
    BTW - nice work with those T-206s

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to more posts once you are settled. i sent you a pwe with a few giants last week, so am glad you've kept one box open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card of "Turkey" Mike! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same seated Donlin. It is a shame for that to get a grade of 2, the front looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the newest T206 addition... and hope the move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete