Thursday, September 28, 2017

Just for the "F" of It #11

Time to show off another card I picked up just for the fun of it.  Today's card is a great looking card of 2017 Hall of Famer Tim Raines.


My Hall of Fame collection primarily consists of autographed cards, especially of the modern players and I do have an autograph of Raines in my collection.  However, when I saw this card pop up on Sportslots in an auction I had to bid and ended up bringing it home for $4.

This 2005 SP Legendary Cuts Glory Days set is one of my favorites.  I have contemplated trying to build either the insert set or base relic set several times.  It is a checklist that is 50 deep and it is a dozen years old so it would be quite an undertaking.  I really like the design with the color photo and sepia tones to the card.  This Raines card is great looking with the Expos uni and great looking blue jersey swatch.

Have you ever gone through with trying to put together a relic set?

5 comments:

  1. I tried putting together the 2016 Panini Diamond Kings Rookie Signatures Silver set but I've lost steam with that project. I have the big names too, Seager and Schwarber

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Topps-Super-Baseball-Willie-McCovey-Card-66-PSA-4-Vg-Ex-Set-Break-/142387225840?hash=item2126f0a4f0:g:x5oAAOSw5cRZHgdl

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Transogram-Willie-McCovey-Card-36-Poor-Condition-/132237295514?hash=item1ec9f4ff9a:g:9usAAOSw6YtZTXZT

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Challenge-The-Yankees-Willie-McCovey-Player-Performance-Card-38-Vg-Ex-/142516598132?hash=item212ea6b574:g:wO0AAOSwdKZZxtKj

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Transogram-Willie-McCovey-figure-with-box-and-card-/192315451832?hash=item2cc6e4e9b8:g:I-4AAOSwcyZZx8T9 (!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I say go for it. That would be a fun set to build. I built the 2008 UD Masterpieces Captured on Canvas relic (football) set back in the day. I also completed the 2013 Topps Manufactured Rookie Card Patch (baseball) set. Not sure if that qualifies as a relic set though. And I didn't actually build it... but I purchased the 2005 Topps Pristine Legends Title Threads Relic (baseball) set earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is Stealing Home from ATBATT. Congrats on winning a copy of Electric October, but we need to get your mailing info out to the publisher. Please email me at om sports 42 at gee mail dot blah blah, and I will give you the name and email of the contact person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the SP Legendary cuts! Now I get a lot of my card packs from Upper Deck's new program where they sell "ePacks" online. I've gotten a lot of great cards so far. I just pulled an autograph a couple days ago!

    If you want to check it out, I believe the website is "www.upperdeckepack.com"

    ReplyDelete