Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Joy of a Completed Insert Set - 2002 Topps Ring Masters

Since 2006, in addition to the Topps Flagship base sets, I have been collecting most of the insert sets as well.  I little while back I decided to fill some gaps in my collection and pick up the Topps insert sets from 1993 to 2005.  While I do have all the base sets in that range, this was a period where I didn't do a ton of collecting.  Most of the sets have been picked up in factory form or bought complete without opening many or any packs.  I have been slowing making some progress on these although they seem to have taken a back seat to some other areas of my collection over the past few months.

This insert set is from 2002 Topps and is 10 cards in size.  These were inserts at a rate of around 1 per hobby box and actually a little more frequently in retail packs according to Beckett.com.  The players featured in this set are players who had earner a World Series ring during their career.

These cards are on a nice thick card stock and are one of the better inserts during this Topps time period in my humble opinion.  Here are the fronts of the entire 10-card set.


A pretty solid cast of characters.  In addition to earning rings, Topps made sure they had a solid level of success in the regular season and playoffs to earn a spot in this set.  I wouldn't have minded this one being doubled with an expanded checklist.

Here is the back of the card of the best closer ever.
Nice to knock another set off the list, may need to dust the cobwebs off the want list and see if I can put a few more insert sets to rest.

1 comment:

  1. 1992-2005 era was back when I collected them all. Box after box, rip, rip, rip. I had to end the insert collection with wife #3 (now ex-wife). She made me get rid of them, but man that would be sweet if I still had them.

    ReplyDelete