Thursday, March 21, 2013

Top 20 Recent Vintage Purchases - #15 1960 Leaf Orlando Cepeda

This card came up in a Sportlots auction and created a pretty decent bidding war.  I almost dropped out of the auction a couple of times as the price started to climb but I stayed with it and scored this 1960 Leaf Orlando Cepeda:


The condition is a little rough but this Cepeda came from the high series and is very difficult to track down.  To put the rarity in perspective using Book Value, a Felipe Alou in the first series books for $6 while this one books for $80.  Now Felipe's cards don't hold the same value as the Baby Bull but certainly don't fetch 13+X the value.  I still need to pick up the Felipe and one other high value, no name high number card to finish the set but this Cepeda was the big one that I thought might never find its way into my collection.

-->
Prior cards in the countdown:





1 comment:

  1. I've never seen this set before. I like the simple design. It looks like it'd be perfect for IP autographs.

    ReplyDelete