Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A "Thrill"ing Pick Up for the Giants PC

A few weeks back I was lucky enough to see this card on the bid board at the LCS and even luckier that it had an affordable Buy It Now price of $6 on it.  I am typically a bargain shopper and will typically toss a bid for a dollar or two in hopes of winning the card at a bargain basement price but I didn't think this one would last.

This is a box topper from 2013 Topps Archives celebrating Will Clark's amazing 1989 NLCS performance against the Cubs where he went 13-20 including several clutch hits.  This box topper is huge, I scanned a standard size card of The Thrill with it just for comparison.

I haven't seen too many of these pop up on eBay and I am still in search for the Juan Marichal card.  I like serial numbering on cards but don't get too excited about getting the first or last or jersey number of the player but maybe it is a little cool that this one is serial numbered 01/99 as the first one.

I am just glad to have this as part of my collection, now if I can just figure out the best way to store and/or display it!

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice Will! I have to get one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... nice pickup. I love box toppers and Will Clark is a legend around these parts. Throw in the 01/99 serial numbering and you definitely got a great deal. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete