Sunday, November 16, 2014

My First Shadow Box Card

I am not sure if it is due to Topps lack of creativity and its monopoly, but it sure seems like there are some pretty sweet designs coming from the other sports that we don't see in baseball.  Check out this great new card I got from USC alumnus Ronnie Lott:


This doesn't scan anywhere as well as it looks in person. This is a very thick card.  The picture of Lott on the left is in the foreground while the one in the middle is set back behind some clear plastic, hence the Shadow Box designation.  UD thought so much of this card it is calling it art and I actually tend to agree.  I am not sure how common these cards are, I recall seeing just a few on eBay when I picked this one up and while they are not super cheap the price wasn't out of this work.

Great designed card of a former USC Trojan in his Trojan garb definitely works for me!

2 comments:

  1. That is a slick looking card for sure, nice pick-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing those advertised when SP was being released. That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete