Saturday, February 20, 2016

Kansas City Here We Come

Big changes coming for the ARPSmith household.  About 2 weeks ago I accepted a new position with my employer in the Kansas City, Kansas area.  It is a great job with some advancement potential and the company will pay full relocation.  My family and I are excited but it will be the first time living outside of CA for all of us - a pretty big change I expect.  My wife agreed to the move sight unseen, she has never been there.  Fortunately I have been out quite a few times for work and have some good friends who are either there now or have lived there in the past.

I spent last week out there meeting my new team and trying to get a lay of the land as the house hunting will need to begin soon.  Didn't get a chance to seek out any card stores, if you have been there and know of any LCS, drop me a line.  My only collecting interest that touches on KC sports would probably be collecting Matt Cassel cards for my USC football collection.  He was at his peak as a Chief which resulted in some nice patch cards.

2010 Certified Mirror Prime Patch 10/50

2011 Totally Certified Prime Patch 46/49

2012 Totally Certified Platinum Gold Patch 18/49

We wont be moving until early June to let the kids finish out the school year so any trade or supertrader packages coming my way should be fine for a couple months.  I will try to get a post up a few weeks before and also let Brian/Wes know so the spreadsheet can be updated.

In the meantime, expect sporadic posting at best.  I need to get my collection packed up and labeled in a way that the movers can box up and hopefully limit any damage and I will be spending about 50% of me time in KC until we move permanently.  Wish me luck, it is going to be a crazy few months!


4 comments:

  1. Congrats, on the news! Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad to lose one of my connections to the socal lcs scene, but sounds like a good move for you and your family. i've been to kc a few times but never looked up any card shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new position and have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will definitely be the king in your new neighborhood when you and your family are seen sporting your "2014 World Champions" garb....huge loss for the southern cal outpost of Giants fans but huge gain for state of Missouri!

    ReplyDelete