Sunday, February 21, 2016

My February T206 Addition

I set a goal late last year to start picking up one T206 Giants card per month through at least the end of 2016.  Right at the first of the month I missed out on a few cards in last second eBay sniper bids.  I was disappointed but kept looking then one day I got an email from an eBay seller I had bought from before advertising a set break of T206 cards.  I quickly went to their site and bid on a bunch of the cards that hadn't already exceeding my desired purchase price.

In the end I brought home 2 of the cards and will share one for the February pick up and save one until next month.  For your viewing pleasure, here is my newest T206 addition:

I typically don't seek out PSA graded cards but for this collecting I am going to make an exception.  They present pretty well and should keep these 100+ year old cards safe.  This is a great looking card of Jake Weimer.  Weimer was a starting pitcher for the Cubs, Reds and Giants, spending only his final year of 1909 with the Giants which resulted in this card.  Looks like he won over 20 games in 3 of his first 4 seasons then faded.  His nickname was Tornado Jake which is a cool nickname and seems even more appropriate with my pending relocation to Tornado country.

This card is listed as a miscut in the PSA lable which I am assuming is due to the top/bottom imbalance but I felt fine picking it up as his name and team are still fully visible.  While my move will most likely impact my ability to add to my collection until I get settled, I think this is one area of my collection that I will make sure to stay current on.

5 comments:

  1. Nice addition! It's only a matter of time before you eclipse me in the number of T206es I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so awesome to get old vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd better get going on my set (lol). Nice, very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. It's about that time for me to add another one of these beauties to my PC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I just picked up another T206 myself

    ReplyDelete