Monday, February 5, 2018

Just for the "F" of It #12

It has been quite a while since I have posted a card just for the the "fun" of it.  As you may recall, these are cards that don't fit into a particular part of my collection but I still decide to pick them up and add them to the old PC.

I picked up this card on the cheap in a Sportlots auction, I don't recall the exact amount but it couldn't have been over a couple of bucks.


This is a 2008 Upper Deck Goudey Mini Green Back card and as you can see across Ms. Walsh's chest, it is serial numbered 70/88.  I am a fan of volleyball, both the regular indoor version and the beach volleyball version.  The first weekend I was at USC I headed down to the beach and watched a tournament, it was a blast.  We had a really good men's team that won the National Title in 1990 let by National Player of the Year Bryan Ivie.

Since I was in school, the beach version of volleyball has really taken off.  I watch it off and on but really ramp up my viewing during the Olympics.  My favorite pairing was Misty May and Kerri Walsh so this card fits nicely into my collection as a representation of my volleyball fandom.

2 comments:

  1. A college classmate of mine plus her dad was my first car insurance agent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card. Walsh started playing long after I stopped watching, but I always heard her name since she is from the Bay Area. One of these days I'll pick up her autograph for my Stanford PC. I actually watched beach volleyball back in the late 80's to the mid 90's. Karch Kiraly, Kent Steffes, Randy Stoklos, Mike Dodd, and Sinjin Smith ruled the beach.

    ReplyDelete