Monday, May 13, 2013

Top 20 Recent Vintage Purchases - #4 1958 Topps Ernie Banks All Star

This card is the final non-Giant and in addition to the final 3 being Giants, you will find they have something else in common as well.  However, let's get to the #4 card:

I am a fan of this All Star design, as a matter of fact, I like most of the vintage All Star sub sets.  The Banks looks great with the blue background and the stars are a great design feature.  Mr. Cub is one of the all time greats and I am very happy to have added this vintage card to the 1960 Topps card of his I have as well.

Prior cards in the countdown:

#8 - 1962 Topps Frank Robinson All Star
#7 - 1962 Topps Juan Marichal
#6 - 1958 Topps Eddie Mathews  
#5 - 1963 Topps Orlando Cepeda

2 comments:

  1. Awful Cubs uniform but great card of Ernie in his prime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card. I love the '58 All-Star subset.

    ReplyDelete