Friday, April 5, 2013

Top 20 Recent Vintage Purchases - #11 1961 Topps Willie Mays MVP

This is the 3rd and not the final appearance of the Say Hey Kid in the countdown. This is another subset card, this time from 1961 Topps and celebrating past MVPs:

 This was the most recently acquired card in the countdown and was picked up at Valley Sports Cards after a recent work trip.  I hadn't seen too many of these around and like the card.  I find it a little quirky in that the NY was airbrushed off his hat and it looks like he was using a pretty stubby bat as it doesn't extend beyond his head.  I probably paid a little more than I would have had to if I shopped more for the card but I do enjoy supporting the LCS when I can.









1 comment:

  1. that's a nice card - even without the rest of the bat.

    ReplyDelete