Friday, January 6, 2017

Secret Santa Goods Arrive

I have to admit, I was concerned that my Secret Santa had forgotten me.  Christmas came and went then New Years came and went.  I wasn't upset, I have had life get in the way of my hobby several times.  Heck, I just mailed something out today to a blogger in return for something sent my way in September.  However, guess what came in the mail this week, my Christmas was extended.

As they say, good things come to those who wait.  The mailman dropped off a flat rate post office box that had been turned inside out.  My wife grabbed it off the front doorstep and handed it to me.  I noticed right away it was fairly light and I couldn't figure out what it was.  I quickly tore into it and slid out this:

 A sweet Starting Lineup dual figure package of Willie McCovey and Willie Mays!

 Here is a close up of the cards, I enjoy the nicknames listed under their names.

 Here is the Mays figure in his Giants home jersey and post swing follow through.

And McCovey in a Giants road jersey in a similar pose from the other side of the plate.

I already had the McCovey card and the figure broken out of the package but I love having the whole package, it displays great.  I am in the process of organizing my card room and have a perfect place to display this.  My plan once my organization/reorganization is complete is to take some photos or do a video of my room and a guarantee you will see this.

My Secret Santa was Matt from the blogs Cardboard Conundrum and Not Pulled From Packs.  A Big Thanks Matt, this is a great piece for my collection.  Hope you had a Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I hope there's a nicknames set some day. Not an insert set, but an entire set of players with their name, position and team displayed in one location and then their nickname displayed prominently on the front. The backs could look somewhat like old-school Donruss with a few years of stats and then a nice bio piece on how they acquired the nickname.
    This would be a great set, IMO.
    I love the SLU figures and I can't wait to see pictures of your card room down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a great set! Spent a couple hours in the room last night and I am getting closer to the big reveal.

      Delete