Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hall of Fame Auto - Barry Larkin

Recently I posted a sweet Rod Carew auto I bought at my LCS to add to my HOF Auto collection.  I alluded to a 2nd HOFer bought during the same visit and it is time to show off that card:

Surprising Barry Larkin doesn't have that many certified autograph cards and despite the lack of a Panini license, this is one of the nicest I have seen.  The design, to me, has a nice retro feel to it with the stripes and stars surrounding the photo frame.  I like the smiling photo of Larkin and the necklace with his jersey number prominently included.  The card design left a nice large area for an on card auto and Larkin signed a nice, big auto.  The upper right shows that this card is limited to 99 copies.

Another great addition to my collection of HOF shortstop Barry Larkin.  This puts me half way to my 6 HOF Auto card goal for 2015.  I am looking forward to tracking down some more legendary cards.

1 comment:

  1. Nice card! Yeah, it's weird he doesn't have more certified autos out there.

    ReplyDelete