Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hall of Fame Auto - Red Schoendienst

At the beginning of the year I set a goal to add 6 new autos to my collection from Baseball Hall of Famers.  I set up a few eBay searches to send me the new listings each day so I could start to gauge the prices of some of the more reasonably priced cards.  This helped me score autos of Rod Carew, Barry Larkin, Pat Gillick and now Red Schoendienst.  I have found that this gives me confidence in the pricing and allows me to pull the trigger.  The Carew and Larkin game from my LCS but I had been watching prices for weeks and knew the price was right.

Last week I saw a nice looking Schoendienst card pop up with a $10 buy it now price.  I had seen most of his cards going for around that price or a little higher but he has some cards out there that just aren't too attractive to me.  Within minutes of seeing this list, the card was mine:

Pretty nice looking card, even with the shiny sticker auto.  I like that with his long last name he signed on two lines.  I love the coloring of this card with the Cardinals uniform.  This isn't the best looking card ever but for $10 I think it is the perfect fit into my collection.  It is serial numbered 072/100 and on the back celebrates his 45 years (!) with the Cardinals organization.

Only one more HOFer to hit my 2015 goal, seems like that should be in reach.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Is this just the front, or front and back? Hard to tell by the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just the front, the back has a paragraph and the serial numbering.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I went crazy with this set when it came out in 04. Had a decent amount of Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Red card-plus the Playoff cards are some of my favorite. Landed my first Red auto recently. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete