Friday, February 6, 2015

He's a Beauty

Don't forget to enter my contest.  I plan to keep it open through the weekend. 

I was recently trolling for cheap 2014 National Treasures cards for my Giants collection and ran across a Beauty of a card:

This is a Nickname relic card of New York Giants Hall of Famer Dave Bancroft.  I had heard of Bancroft in some of my Giants and HOF historical reading but didn't know too much about him including his nickname.  When I got this card I turned it over can got the explanation:

Apparently an annoying habit was turned around on him and resulted in a nickname.  I figure that I won't be able to add a Bancroft auto into my HOF collection so this relic fits Beautifully into both the Giants and HOFer collections.

Keeping with the post theme, I leave you with one of my favorite songs and a great video from the 80s:


No comments:

Post a Comment