Friday, February 3, 2017

2016 Black Friday COMC Order #7 - Misc. Giants

Time to get back in the swing of things and share some more of my Black Friday purchases.

Today I will share some of the Giants cards I picked up.  I typically have a rhyme and reason for what I pick up but most of these were just because. Ultimately as a team collector, I would love to have every Giants in existence but we all know that isn't possible.


First up are some foil parallels from the Topps Super Team set.  This set, in part, celebrates the 1954 World Series Champion Giants.  There are 10 Giants in the base set and 10 of these parallels that are serial numbered /1954.  I still need one base card but these 5 parallels finished off that team set.


These are all 2016 Giants. I was very happy with the Camo Hunter Pence parallel, I can't remember the cost but it wasn't much at all.  I am still working on the Rainbow Foil parallel set from 2016 Topps but did pick up two in this order.  2016 Gypsy Queen had Marichal, Mays and McCovey as short prints and I finished up that team set with this order in addition to picking up the blue framed Cueto.  The Flamethrower card was one I had never seen, I think it was an online Topps release. It is on Heritage-like paper.  This scan finished up with a nice blue foil from Opening Day (still need a couple) and the last card for my Donruss team set in the Diamond King Posey.


This scan has a bunch of different cards from different sets.  My favorites are probably the Steve Decker Studio card - it is a promo card, the Topps Stars Progression featuring Marichal and the Cepeda Classics card.  I still need a few Legends Classics cards to finish the team set.


ODDBALLS!  I have a dream (probably somewhat of a pipe dream) to get every Giants card from the late 80s and early 90s.  I did a search of COMC for my needs in that era and found quite a few.  Also mixed in are a couple Heritage inserts from more recent years.

The final group of Giants is a bunch of shiny cards - I am a fan of shiny cards and am always looking to plug some gaps in my collection.  While his is most certainly the least recognizable name, I was pretty excited to get the Felix Diaz card as it finished off the team set.

I still have a few posts to go and more cards to share.  I was hoping to be done by now but that is pretty much the story of my life.  More great cards to come!

4 comments:

  1. That Bumgarner Flamethrower insert is really awesome. I have never seen those before too. Love all the Will clark cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two scans interested me the most. I like the Super Teams concept. They put out some nice relics. And I'm not much of a Gypsy Queen fan but I do like the legends cards like the Mays and Marichal. Great haul overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if having too many cards to post is wrong, i don't wanna be right!

    nice Giants loot!

    ReplyDelete