Monday, July 14, 2014

McCovey Monday #57 - 2014 Topps Commemorative Vintage All-Star Rookie Team Patch

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

My opinion on manufactured patches has gone back and forth over the past few years.  The first ones I recall were in mid-2000s Upper Deck products and I liked them quite a bit.  When Topps started inserting them into blasters I wasn't too sure.  I still struggle with the fact that one of the three "hits" in a Jumbo box is a Manufactured relic.  This card is a manupatch from 2014 Topps Series 2:


For a manupatch, this is a pretty nice card.  The photo has been used quite a few times but it is one of my favorites.  It comes from earlier in Willie's career and I love the 3 bats.  I am a big fan of the Topps All-Star Rookie trophy and it is nice and big on this card. The card has solid eye appeal and I am happy to have it as part of my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment