Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hall of Fame Autos - Whitey Herzog and Doug Harvey

I really like having an LCS, especially one that takes the time to get to know you and your collecting interests.  Recently the owner of one of the two LCSs in my area shot me an email letting me know he had picked up a lot of 9 Panini Coopertown Autograph cards.  He shot me the list and I identified the two from the list that I needed for my HOF Auto collection.  I was able to stop by the shop a few days later and pick up these two new cards for my collection.


Both Doug Harvey and Whitey Herzog are from the HOF Class of 2010.  I decided early on when I was looking to start a HOF collection that I would include non-players that are elected in my collection focus so these are two great additions.  The fact these are on-card auto just adds to the satisfaction I feel in getting them.  One of the great aspects of the Panini Cooperstown set is the addition of some great autos into the marketplace.  I now have a few in my set.  The lack of logos doesn't bother me much, I know many collectors don't like the cut off heads but to me it is better than the alternatives - hats with the logos airbrushed off or no unlicensed sets at all.

I set a goal at the beginning of the year to add 4 HOF Autos to my collection.  I have now added 5 with my pick up of Early Wynn and Johnnie Mize together and Paul Molitor right at the beginning of the year.  I did give a list of players I would target and only Molitor appears on the list but I am counting this as a collecting goal that is completed.  I will keep my eyes open for more autos but I am happy to have hit a goal so early in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment