Thursday, August 27, 2015

2015 Gint-A-Cuffs - Packs 22-24

On the day I finish off my 2015 Ginter base set, I post my final packs for Gint-A-Cuffs, I like it when a plan comes together.

And down the stretch I go...
Coming off the nice red mini auto in my last post, I am hoping for something surprising in the last 3 packs to score enough points to contend.


Pack 22
Scoring Cards:
Andrew McCutchen (Starting Points insert) - +2
Chris Tillman mini (A&G back) - +2

Pack Total = +4
Running Total = +152

Not much to say other than this probably isn't the way to start off the last post when I am hoping to finish strong.


Pack 23
Scoring Cards:
Joe Panik (My Favorite Team) - +1
War Hammer (Ancient Armory insert) - +2
Chris Carter mini (SP) - +3

Pack Total = +6
Running Total = +158

Glad to see Panik getting some love in all the sets this year.  His great play down the stretch last year along with that ridiculous double play certainly helped get him on the radar and his All-Star play in the first half solidified his status.  We really need him back and healthy.

Pack 24
Scoring Cards:
Santiago Casilla (My Favorite Team) - +1
Banshee (Menagerie of the Mind insert) - +2
Elizabeth Monroe mini (First Lady) - +2

Pack Total = +5
Final Total = +163

There you have it, my first ever Gint-A-Cuffs break.  It was pretty strong on Giants and weak on Yankees which helped.  A nice red ink auto was a big scorer.  I am certain this won't win the title but I would count it as respectable.  And lots of fun too.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that Gladwell card and I thought it was Martin Short.

    ReplyDelete