Sunday, August 16, 2015

My First Foray Into Gint-A-Cuffs - 2015 Gint-A-Cuffs - Box Topper and Packs 1-3

Over the last few years I have strongly considered entering Gint-A-Cuffs but I never took the plunge.  The last time I bought a box and collected the set was in 2012 but this year since I passed on boxes of Heritage and Archives, I figured it was time to go after the set and join the Gint-A-Cuffs fun.

I will do my best to score this properly but if any of my fellow participants notices a scoring error, drop me a comment and I will correct it.

Here is my boxtopper, a nice jumbo sized card of Pirates star Andrew McCutchen.  I was kind of surprised not to see him on the Favorite Players List.  Not the best start but also not the worst.

Pack Total = +8
Running Total = +8


Pack 1 - I scanned these when I thought cards >300 were short prints.
Scoring Cards:
Chris Sale (other favorite player) - +2
Gary Brown (favorite team) - +1
Rusney Castillo (Starting Points insert) - +2

Pack Total = +5
Running Total = +13

Not a horrible start with 5 points in that pack, hopefully the presence of Giants and lack of Yankees will continue.

Pack 2
Scoring Cards:
Large Hadron Collider (Great Scott insert) - +2
Jake Arrieta mini (A&G back) - +2

Pack Total = +4
Running Total = +17

Nothing too exciting here but the insert and mini paid off.

Pack #3
Scoring Cards:
Prince Fielder (other favorite player) - +2
Mike Trout (Starting Points insert, other favorite player) - +4
Giancarlo Stanton (Full-Size Relic) - +6
Philae Probe mini (black border mini, Philae Probe) - +4

A really nice pack to finish off my first post.

Pack Total = +16
Running Total = +33

I wish there was hope of me continuing at this pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment