Thursday, August 6, 2015

Relief!

I posted a little while back about some uncertainty about my job.  My department went through a reorganization and I applied for but didn't get the position leading the department. Unfortunately the reorg also resulted in the elimination of my job.  For the last couple weeks I have remained cautiously optimistic that a different job would work out for me and today, after meeting with the CEO for a short discussion, I got notice that the new job I was seeking is mine.  The relief I am feeling is so soothing, I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.

Took the family out to dinner tonight to celebrate and my wife and I took a dip in the pool after the kids went to bed so I didn't have much time to post tonight but thought sharing some awesome cards I picked up as a lot from one of the best relievers of my youth would be appropriate.

I can't remember what this set me back but it wasn't very much.  I have considered adding a collection of some of my favorites from my youth and just going after their Topps runs and these will get me off to a good start if I decide to do that with Rollie Fingers.  Rollie's rookie card is from 1969 and he has Topps cards during his career up until 1986.  This lot gave me 9 of the 18 cards and I bet if I go through my duplicates from the 80s sets I can knock off a few more.   For now I am just happy to have so many great handlebar mustaches in my collection.  What a relief!

6 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear that you were able to find a position. Income uncertainty isn't much fun. And that is a sweet batch of Rollie Fingers cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very fortunate to have a stable job. It may not pay much, but when I hear what some people go through, I don't know if I could take that.

    Fingers cards are a personal favorite -- the A's variety, of course. He doesn't look nearly as cool in a Padres uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things have worked out with the job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on landing the new position!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats man! So happy that it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. I'm glad things worked out for you in the end. As for Rollie... I really need to start a PC of him. He played for both of my favorite teams... and happened to be my childhood buddy's uncle. One time, he ate dinner at his house when the Brewers came into town to play the A's back in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete