Monday, January 18, 2016

McCovey Monday #83 - 2010 Topps Triple Threads Booklet

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

I haven't picked up too many new Willie Mac cards lately, he wasn't in too many 2015 releases and most of my collection gaps are pretty spendy. The upside is that it drove me back to my McCovey collection to seek out some cards to share.  Today's is a beauty.

This is one of a small number of book cards and comes from 2010 Topps Triple Threads.  Check out the lineup on this card:



This booklet features 6 Hall of Fame sluggers and McCovey is the only relic that is a jersey piece as opposed to a bat piece.  A part of me wishes all 6 would have been bats but that doesn't take away from how awesome this card is.  I shared both sides as I think the design that went into the cover is pretty solid as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment