Monday, January 25, 2016

McCovey Monday #84 - 2005 Flair Dyansty Foundations

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

I didn't have much time to put together a post today but I am on a pretty good streak of posting daily.  I thought I would share another book card, this one a little less impressive than the one last week.





This book card features 5 Giants, 3 HOFers along with Ray Durham and Jason Schmidt but Schmidt is obviously the star and focus of this card.  While the booklet features all 5 players, only Schmidt has a swatch, a pretty nice patch swatch.  While this is a pretty cool card for a Giants collector like me, it is a little weak to have to add this as a McCovey collector.  Now a 5-way patch with these players would offer a little more to get excited about.

I have had this card for quite a while and don't remember what I paid but recall it being more than I really wanted to but a chance to knock another card off the Willie Mac want list was too much to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment