Monday, January 5, 2015

McCovey Monday #66 - 2014 Topps Rookie Framed Black 125/199

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.


I wanted to keep up my posting streak and feature a McCovey card (5 for 5 in the new year!).  I have a couple new ones ready to show but decided to clean out the scan folder a little bit and share this card that was an insert from Series 1:


This card is framed in black metal and is super thick.  It is numbered 125/199 and is one of 3 variations.  I posted the silver version /99 several months back and there is gold version /25 that I was never able to pick up.

I am not a huge fan of all the reprints Topps has done over the past several years but will always make an exception for a classic rookie card.  I ran across a stack of 2001 Topps Archives I have and it was pure joy looking through all the famous rookie cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment