Friday, January 16, 2015

Merry Christmas to Me!

In early December I joined Crackin' Wax's Holiday Gift Exchange.  You put your name into the Elfster website and indicated a few want list items.  Each person was assigned a secret Santa and got to go shopping with a limit of $50.  I pulled the name of a Brewer fan and picked up a sweet Triple Threads auto/relic of Cecil Cooper and added a few autos/relics/parallels from my card stash.  I got a note and I think he liked the cards.

You never know what you are going to get and I was surprised when I opened up my package last week and pulled out this amazing card:
This card is great.  Many times Triple Threads has odd or stupid saying spelled out in the relic portion of these auto/relics but I can think of nothing more perfect than a Reggie Jackson card spelling out Mister October.  The auto looks nice and this card is limited to 18 copies.  I only have a couple Reggie autos in my collection and this card now is one of my centerpieces to the Reggie collection along with his rookie card and a 2003 Donruss Signature Series Auto /20.

I was lucky enough to score Sooz of A Cardboard Problem as my secret Santa and she dropped me a nice note as well.

Sooz, you did help my Christmas be quite Merry, thanks for the awesome card!

2 comments: