Wednesday, April 15, 2015

An Action Variation of the Face of MLB

I am really not sure how he got anointed the face of Major League Baseball or even what that means but I am happy that Buster Posey is getting the recognition I feel he deserves.  As a 3-time World Series Winner, ROY winner, MVP, batting champ and even the catcher in 2 No-Hitters including a perfect game, I believe his early career exploits are unparallelled in the history of baseball.

Due to his prices being high, my Buster collection isn't as robust as I would like it to be but I was able to pick up this 2015 Topps Heritage action variation at a very reasonable and surprising price.

I think it is a great looking card and coupled with the Madison Bumgarner I got in my group break, I have both of the Giants action variations.  When I see how great these action shots look in the old designs it makes me wish Topps would deviate from the photo styles of the sets when they put together these Heritage sets.  A full set of actions shots in a 1966 design would have probably enticed me to build the set.

1 comment:

  1. I think if I had a shortlist Posey would be near the top for me. Be interesting if they polled actual players to see who they would choose. The way mlb network goes about is pretty silly. Eric Sogard came within a few votes of winning it last year.

    ReplyDelete