Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Winning Battery

Game 1 of the season is complete and the Giants have their first win of the season in the books.  I was able to watch the entire game which was great and although he didn't look dominating he did his job holding the Diamondbacks to 1 run over 7 innings.  His battery mate Buster Posey didn't have a great game but did contribute an RBI with a sacrifice fly.  The bullpen, outside of closer Sergio Casilla, tried to give it away - they scare me despite their history of success.  Even though both players didn't dominate, they will be the keys to the Giants having a successful season.

I recently pulled a couple of nice insert cards from boxes of 2015 Donruss that I thought I would share in celebration of a great Opening Day.

I really like the design of this card, it looks much better in person.  It has an Xfractor type look and features a great card of MadBum, I like how his grip can be seen and the concentration on his face shows he means business.  The card really pops.  I didn't scan the back of the card as it highlights that Bumgarner was born on August 1, 1989, about 6 weeks after I graduated High School.  Sometimes I forget how young he still is.

The other card is this great looking Dominator insert of Catcher Buster Posey.  Again we have an Xfractor-like finish.  I think the green on the card sides look nice and frame it up well.  I am a fan of the 2015 Donruss release. I have all the non-SP base cards and am looking for a bunch of the 81 Donruss designs and Diamond Kings so if you have some for trade check out my want list.  I am still trying to decide which insert sets, if any, to build but I don't think I will go after more than the Giants on these two.  Despite the high serial numbering, they are that easy to find at a low price.

Congratulations to the Giants, I am hoping the Giants can change up the pattern and win something in an odd numbered year.

No comments:

Post a Comment