Monday, August 26, 2019

McCovey Monday #95 - 2019 Topps Tier One

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of almost 1400 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards on select Mondays.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

I am posting a little later than I would like today.  I fly out tomorrow to Phoenix for work had hopes of putting together a weeks worth of posts this weekend but it was just too busy.  Had some fun (49ers vs. Chiefs football game), some kid fun (took the kids to the Kidz Bop concert) then filled the rest of the time with laundry and other household chores.  After this post I will try to get some pics uploaded and perhaps I will create some posts from the hotel room while I am gone.

Today I decided to show one of my newest Willie McCovey pickups:


I am happy to score this dual relic out of /25 from 2019 Topps Tier One.  Solid looking card although the pic is a little blurry.  I had bid on several and lost out on them but now this one pairs nicely with the one out of /175 I picked up around release time:


This pick up ends my quest for McCoveys in this set as the only 3 remaining cards I don't have are all 1/1s which I won't spend to acquire.

Last week I shared the start of my Ginter McCovey quest and I picked on one new card since that post:


I know can knock of the mini gold border off the want list, very happy to have this card.  The gold looks better on the scan than in person, a little too dark while in had.

I figured I would share the other card I got with the McCovey:


I also collect cards of Mr. October, another #44 uniform wearing player from my childhood.  There don't seem to be too many Reggie cards in his Angels uniform but I like seeing them as a change up.  His A's uni tops my list but still enjoy Yankee and Angels cards (the few Orioles cards look wrong to me).

1 comment:

  1. Although I enjoy seeing new Reggie cards featuring him in an Orioles uniform (b/c it's such a novelty)... I'll always enjoy seeing him featured with the A's the most.

    Have a safe and enjoyable business trip!

    ReplyDelete