Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I Love PWEs

Back in the days when I spent most of my hobby time on Sports Card Forums, the thought of sending cards in a PWE was frowned upon by most.  In trades with just a few cards I always gave it a try but there were few takers.  Over the last several months in the blogging community, the usage of PWEs has taken off.  I have sent some out as surprises, received them as surprises and made trades via PWE.  The only down side is that the trade posts seem to stack up.  I am decided to celebrate the PWE and get a little more caught up while I am at it tonight.  Here are the goods from a number of PWEs I have received over the last few months.


First up are some cards from Brian at 30-year Cardboard:


 These cards and stickers helped me in my quest to build the 2013 Archives set and inserts.  All 3 of these stickers feature cards of players I also collect (Parker, McCovey, Henderson) so I had to pick up more than one copy.

Next are some cards from The Diamond King:
 The highlight was the is white border parallel of Marco Scuatro.  I am hoping Marco gets healthy soon, the Giants need him in the lineup.

 I also got these additional cards in the PWE, all great cards with my favorite being the Gold parallel Archives card.

Here is a quad of cards from Cards from the Quarry, a NL West Rival focused blog:

 Great stuff, I really needed that Votto for my 1989 Die Cut set.  If you have some extras lying around, check my want list and let's make a deal.

This was a 1 card PWE from This Way to the Clubhouse:
 What a great 1 card PWE it was!  I love these black border Giants parallels, the colors work!

A quad of cards from Nachos Grande:

I love me some parallels but man that Posey is sweet.  I recall a write up about the person that makes these but I couldn't find it.  I can tell you that this is one great customer card.

All Trade Bait, All the Time reached out to me to see if I was interested in an upgrade to my Claude Osteen for my 1968 Topps Game set so I sent him my slightly more worn one and some cards and got these in return:

Always enjoy some misc Giants...
 And here is the updade Osteen - just have 3 of the more challenging cards to go for that set.

My first Camo card of 2014 came via PWE from Scott Crawford on Cards!
 I have heard mixed reviews on the Camo parallels, I personally like them quite a bit.

Frequent PWE bomber 2 by 3 Heroes hit me up with this card.
 While this is only a base card, it is numbered to 125.  I made some early bids on the Giants from this set and they all went for more than I wanted to pay.  They are nice looking cards with good card stock.

The final cards are from former blogger The Adventures of Napkin Doon.  I always enjoyed his posts and wish him the best moving forward.  My favorites were his sharing of the adventures at his LCS Cleeves.

 It started off with a couple nice shiny cards...
and ended with this awesome blue bordered Heritage Buster Posey!

Thanks to everyone for keeping the PWE alive and thanks for all the great cards!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment