Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Trade Post - DocHoloday

I may never get caught up on trade posts but I will continue to make the effort.  This trade was from back around the first of the year and I got a great batch of Giants from Matt over at DocHoloday. To show how pathetic I am, check out Matt's post about our trade - he apologized for taking too long to post and his post was on 1/28, oops. 

I got a nice stack of Giants and here are some of my favorites:
Lots of parallels and inserts featured here.  After dipping into the die cut business last year with the Willie Mays card and going the mini route a couple years back in Lineage with the Monte Irvin card, Topps merged the mini and die cut themes into the 1989 Die Cut Minis we find in 2014 Topps.  Seeing that green Vogelsong reminds me of how much more I liked the green over this year's red.  I was hoping Hembree would make the Giants this year in the bullpen but I predict he will be up sometime soon.  One of these days I am going to get up the courage to pop out one of the stand up cards and use them for what they were designed to do.


I saved my favorite 3 for the end.  I didn't put together the Gypsy Queen set last year but really enjoy these White Border parallels, they just frame up the card so well.  The Xfractor look of the once top Giants prospect Gary Brown looks really nice, almost as nice as the Hunter Pence blue Prizm card, a thing of beauty.

Thanks Matt for the trade!  I am sure I can drum up another stack of Sox if you have some Giants I need.  Sorry for the slow post.

No comments:

Post a Comment