Friday, September 21, 2012

Group Break Goods - JABO

It has been a slow week of blogging for me. I didn't get a chance to put together a few drafts over last weekend and had to travel for work.  I am also a little behind on reading some of the other blogs, hoping to get some "me" time this weekend and get back in the groove.  I have also gotten quite a few packages, both trades and purchases, that have been great to go through but time to get back to blogging.

I realized that my last Group Break post was a JABO post and I have another in the scan folder.  In honor of my friend Kyle's decision to smartly focus on his family instead of his hobby, I thought I would share the goods from the last break I participated in on his blog.  I respect his ability to set his priorities straight and have wondered if I may have to make that decision someday myself.  So far I have found what I think is a nice balance but the family is what typically results in the gaps between posting, which is all right by me.

Let's get to the cards.  The break was a 2 box break of 2012 Topps Chrome.  I bought a couple boxes of this stuff and am closing in on the set (just need 12 cards).  I picked up a few duplicates of Giants and this break got me to within 1 of the team set, just need a Ryan Vogelsong to finish it off.


 I also picked up a sweet Xfractor of Madison Bumgarner and a regular refractor of my favorite current Giant Matt Cain.  Very nice additions but not the best part of the break.

Here is the highlight of the break for me.  I really like the design of these cards.  I have heard some say they are more reprsentative of a typical Finest insert rather than Topps and I can't argue with that.  However, I really like the design and was very happy to pick up MVP candidate Buster Posey.  I have the Lincecum as well and only need the Kung Fu Panda to finish the team insert set.

 I got the Reds as team number 2, so if you need any of these let me know, they are for trade.
All of these are regular base cards.


I was very happy with the break and will miss the JABO breaks moving forward.  I will also miss Kyle's blog and making trades with him but I wish him all the best in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment