Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trade Post - Sportscards from the Dollar Store

Prior to my move, Douglas from Sportscards from the Dollar Store contacted me to let me know that he had found a 1991 OPC set for me at a card show!  How cool is it when fellow collectors are on the hunt for things you need for your collection. 

In addition to the OPC cards, I also got a little set help from last year's Archives:

I still need a ton of the retail In Action and Combo cards but would still love to get them all.  The 1982 Topps set is a set that I have an attachment to for some reason.  For some odd reason I didn't collect too many cards that year and had to work diligently during the late 80s to finish it off.  The In Action cards are obviously from a design in that set hence the reason I want to finish that one off.  I recently picked up an extra McCovey reprint but still need 2 more of those to finish off that insert set.  So close...

Prior to this trade I didn't have one card from this classic set, fairly simple design but it works for me in that early 90s kind of way.
Some more random Giants needs.  I recall the Giants picking up Dave Anderson and being ticked that we had a former Dodger on the team.  He had a decent year in a part time role his first year with the Giants then stunk it up the second year so we sent him back to LA.



The fronts of 1991 OPC are exactly the same so for some reason I scanned and uploaded all the backs.  Nothing more exciting than a bunch of boring cards backs - sorry about that.
I did scan the fronts of 4 cards.  This is one of my favorite parts of OPC.  They give you the picture in the old uniform and in these cases even showcase the old team name but in nice small print they say "Now with Giants" and the date of acquisition - very cool!

Douglas, thank you so much for thinking of me and for making the trade. Sorry it took months to post it but please don't take that as a sign that the trade wasn't appreciated.  It isn't every day that you can knock off an entire team set in one trade - Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment