Saturday, April 19, 2014

Trade Post - Night Owl

Frequent trader and reigning 3 time blogger of the year Greg from over at Night Owl cards sent me a nice little package a few weeks back.  Time to show off the goods.


I was able to take some more Giants off Night Owls hands including a couple of miniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.  Apparently Greg's love for mini cards doesn't extend to the Giants (with the exception of 1975 minis which trump all minis).  Two of these are of the Beard who has become my public enemy #1 for signing with the Dodgers not once but twice.

 I also scored a nice 1972 card to help in my set quest of that set.  I haven't done a lot lately on my vintage sets and need to kick that into gear soon.  I set some lofty goals for my 1970-1972 sets and wanted to complete the 1973 set during this calendar year.  This Grabarkewitz helps a little on the 72 set and is greatly appreciated.  The Cespedes from 2014 Topps went towards that insert set as well.

Probably my favorite card in the group is the Yusmeiro Petit Yellow border parallel.  For some reason I am drawn to these odd colored parallels this year. Don't get me wrong, there are way too many parallels but boy am I happy when I can pick them up.

Thanks for another great group of cards Greg.

No comments:

Post a Comment