Friday, March 30, 2018

Happy Opening Day!

My mood always seems to pick up on Opening Day.  Going into Spring Training my excitement about the Giants season was pretty high, I like the additions of Longoria and McCutchen and I figured with some bounce back seasons from a couple of their hitters and some health from their pitching staff a wild card spot was within reach.  Then last week happened.  Unless the NL has a pretty significant downturn from the middle of the road teams, I don't see how the Giants can hang in until Bumgarner and Samardzija get back.

Despite the setbacks, I found myself with a bounce in my step yesterday morning.  It was Opening Day!  I am lucky enough to have a TV in my office so I turned the quadruple header on and the sound off and had baseball running throughout the day.  I saw Happ's leadoff homer on the first pitch of the season and saw a couple of my fantasy guys get some hits.  Good start to the day.

When I got home I notified the family that dinner was going to be in front of the TV as the Giants and Dodgers first pitch was around 6 PM CST.  My boys were pretty engaged during the game and we got us an old fashioned pitchers duel.  This wasn't surprising from the Dodgers side with Kershaw pitching but on the Giants side, Ty Blach filled in for MadBum and wouldn't you know it, the Giants are in first place after game 1.

I am quite confident it won't last but it sure was a nice way to celebrate Opening Day.  Go Giants!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't really familiar with Blach until he out-dueled Clayton Kershaw yesterday. That was an impressive start to the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that was quite a pleasant surprise yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2-0 against your rivals. What a way to start the 2018 season.

    ReplyDelete