Saturday, November 17, 2012

Group Break - Home of the Toddfather

I had the privilege of participating in the first Group Break hosted by Tim over at Home of the Toddfather. Tim opened 3 2012 Topps boxes - Update, Chrome and Pro Debut.  I was pretty excited about filling in some Giants needs from Update and Chrome (although Chrome would have had to be a colored refractor to help me out) and didn't have 1 card from Pro Debut yet.  Take a look at the Giants goodies I scored.

First the Chrome cards:
I only scored 4 Giants from the Chrome and none of them filled needs.  However the Belt and Posey are both refractors which is pretty sweet and hopefully I can flip them in a trade or on Sportlots.

Next up are some of the Update cards:
I got a bigger stack of Giants besides these but these all filled needs for my Giants team set.  I am pretty excited to get so many cards I needed plus getting the insert was huge.  I also got 6 or 7 dups, overall the Giants had a nice haul in this break.

Finally the box that got me into the break, Pro Debut:

I scored 7 different base cards and had no idea there were so many Giants.  Most of the names I am pretty familiar with.  The Giants farm system isn't super strong but I think Gary Brown, Joe Panik and Heath Hembree have a good chance at a solid big league career. I also scored a Hembree All-Star insert.  I picked him up in one of my minor league slots in my keeper Fantasy League last year, I think he has the potential to be a future closer for the Giants.

Oh yeah, I also scored this:
What a sweet pull!  I scored the auto out of the box and it is of one of the Giants better prospects, Joe Panik.  It is my second Panik Auto, I scored a 2011 Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Auto in a trade several months back.

Great first group break Tim, can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment