Saturday, November 5, 2016

Cubs Win! Cubs Win!

Congratulations to the Cubs!  It isn't every year that the best team for the entire season wins the World Series, great season by the Cubs.  I actually started writing this post when the Cubs were up 6-3. I was planning on finishing it after the win and getting to bed.  You see, even after 4+ months I still struggle with how late sporting events end in the Central Time Zone.

I did stay up and watch the end of the game and parts of the celebration then went to work the next day in a zombie-like trance - this guy needs more than 4 1/2 hours of sleep to function at full speed.

Game 7 was one of the best games I have ever watched and since I didn't have a dog in the race, I found my support going back and forth throughout the series and even throughout the last game.  There was a part of me that hoped the Cubs would lose in tragic fashion to keep up the story of the curse but ultimately I am pretty happy they pulled it out.  I think of all the Cubs greats from the past, some of who were alive to see this and some who passed before it happened and the fact their Cubbies won it all makes me smile.

Congratulations to the 2016 Cubs, Cubs fans everywhere and great Cubs from the past.






No comments:

Post a Comment