Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Group Break - My Cardboard Mistress

It was a little crazy at the arpsmith household last night so I didn't get a chance to random the winner for last week's contest or put together a new contest post.  Hopefully later today or early tomorrow on that but I did want to share the results of a group break I entered recently.

Spankee over at My Cardboard Mistress had a unique group break a few weeks back.  As I recall, he had quite a few random packs, blasters and boxes, some of which had been opened and stashed and he decided to break them up by team and sell them off in a group break. At first I wasn't too interested, I already had quite a few of the Giants from the sets he was offering.  Knowing that I am one of the few Giants fans in the blog world, he pestered me a little and I finally decided to jump in and participate.

I got a pretty large stack of dups as expected but did score some nice cards to add to the Giants collection.  He also threw in a hit as the break didn't result in any Giants hits.  I was very happy to pick up the cards I did and glad to have participated in the break.


 Here is a random assortment of cards if I do say so.  The Milner is a card I never would have known existed if it didn't pop up in this batch of cards.  This card alone almost made the break worthwhile. I was also happy to score the Schmidt silver parallel - I have very few Giants parallels from this Fleer set.  The Kevin Mitchell is an awesome numbered insert from a great sets - Upper Deck Classics.  The three guys along the bottom were pretty new to me. Not big names but great additions to the Giants collection.
 Here is a quad of 4 more very nice cards.  2 new Bowman Platinum cards including a top prospect and the Kung Fu Panda.  I also scored a very nice Bonds Gold Label - this card looks amazing in person.  The Bowman Chrome Sandoval is a refractor and is bowed like crazy but it will go in a 9-pocket page quite nicely.
 There was a draft for cards that didn't belong to a particular team and I had a pretty high draft spot and scored this Brett Favre card as a bonus.  Hoping to flip this in a trade.  I believe it is a short print and books for around $10.  Might need to hop on Sportlots and see what this can get me.
Finally the aforementioned hit that was toss in as an extra.  I didn't have this in my collection and very glad to score a relic from the Big Cat during his time on the Giants.  I scanned front and back to show how GU cards should be done - give us a photo of the actual relic that was used.

Thanks Spankee for talking me into the break, it was well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are happy with the cards. That bat card is sweet. I'm glad you liked the back...I love the ones with the item shown on the back.

    ReplyDelete