Monday, November 5, 2012

McCovey Monday #25 - Sweet Triple Patch Card

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1100 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

Sticking with my theme from the last McCovey Monday post, I thought I would feature another multi player cardThis one also includes Reggie Jackson and adds in Adam Dunn.  This trio of left handed sluggers appeared together on a 2008 UD Premier set called Permier Trios.  Take a look:





I am a huge fan of this card for a couple reasons. First it fits nicely into my McCovey collection.  I am also a fan of Reggie and have a fairly decent collection of his cards as well.  My first name is Adam so I guess that makes the Adam Dunn inclusion cool (a very big stretch, obviously grasping a little on that front).  The patches are very nice, the McCovey stripes of white, black, white, orange are really awesome. Reggie's patch must be from his Angels days with a red and blue patch.  The Dunn has a touch of black to go with the red and white.

I bought this card off eBay a few years back and don't recall the exact amount - it wasn't cheap. I also have the version /30 - the patches aren't quite a nice but it is still a great card.  This one is 12/15.  I am very happy to have it in my collection. 

3 comments: