Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wednesday Weekly Contest - Winner



Finally getting around to announcing last week's winner, sorry for the delay.  Also I am going to suspend the Weekly Contest until after the first of the year.  Our third child will be entering the world on Monday (planned C-section so we know the date) and with the new baby at home, the other kids off of school and the holidays, I thought a month-long break would be a wise thing.


So last week's contest was sharing hobby related things you are thankful for. Here are a couple of mine:


1. I have shared this in several trade posts but the way our blogging community goes about trading and the generosity of everyone is truly something to be thankful for.  I have been dabbling in trading back on SCF recently to try and fill out some of my 2012 sets and going back to BV trading has been challenging and much less fun that the trades I make with fellow bloggers.

2. I also appreciate the presence of a LCS close to my home and another near a frequent work travel destination. I like being able to pick up a pack or two to check out a new product, the owners of both shops are great to chat with and they are always on the lookout for something that I may be interested in.

3. Finally, I am thankful to have a hobby that I enjoy so much.  I have a pretty stressful job and tons of commitments at home and it is so nice to be able to take my mind off all those stresses later in the evening and sort some cards, make a list, read the blogs or draft a post.  It helps me keep my sanity even if it is a drain on my time at times.

So lets get onto the contest results.  Only 16 entries this week which I believe is the lowest total.  There are still a few good prizes left and I will try to restock over the holidays with some new additions for 2013.

Here are the entries:

 And the final winner of 2012 is....



gcrl!!!

Jim, who runs a couple blogs including the tribute to the famous Dodgers infield of Garvey, Cey, Russell and Lopes is the winner.  Take a look at the prize page and let me know what I can send your way.

After the first when I start this up again, I want to get through the rest of the positions of our favorite players, we have only done 1B and 2B so far so that should take care of a nice bit of the rest of the off season. Thanks to everyone for participating.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, congratulations on the kid. Enjoy the sleepless holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your #3. It is a great hobby.
    Additionally, congrats on your third! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete