Monday, April 8, 2013

McCovey Monday #36 - 2012 SP Signature Edition Auto

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1100 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

I finally scored a new McCovey card for my collection.  Take a look:

I am always happy to add another McCovey auto to the collection but this is far from the most appealing card in the collection.  I actually don't mind the design too much with the coloring, the baseball diamond in the background, the small diamond in the bottom right corner with his jersey number, etc. however there is one glaring issue with this card - WHERE IS THE PICTURE!  I struggle with an entire set without pictures and hope that Upper Deck's recent re-entry into the baseball card market will give us something more inspiring that this.  (I am also bugged by the fact that the first baseman silhouette shows a right handed first baseman while Willie Mac is a lefty).

Again glad to have a new McCovey but let's get some photos onto these cards moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment