Sunday, June 15, 2014

McCovey Monday #54 - 2014 Gypsy Queen Mini Sepia Parallel 37/50

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

A few weeks back I posted a progress on my 2014 Gyspy Queen Rainbow for Willie Mac here.  I was still missing the Sepia /50, the Wood /5 and the various 1/1s (Clear, Graphite, 4 Printing Plates and Leather).  I made an unsuccessful run at a Wood parallel but was successful in obtaining this:


The Sepia version is now in my possession and odds are it will be the last McCovey I add to my collection for 2014 Gypsy Queen.  Time to track down the 2 parallels from Archive and some of the issues from earlier in the year that I missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment