Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cardboard Collection April Break


It has taken me a while to get this one up but it was a fun Affordable break.  I try to get into Colbey's breaks most every time and pick up some cards for the Giants collection.  Cobley runs a great blog with monthly breaks at Cardboard Collections and here are my goods from the April break.  Unfortunately I have all the base cards from the boxes that are getting broken in May but I am hoping to jump back in for the Giants in June.

The first box was 1999 Skybox Thunder.  I picked up 5 of the 10 base cards for the team set.  Also, if you check out my newly updated Want Lists, you will see I need just one more card to complete this team set - #286 Barry Bonds.  The Want List is broken out by 2012, Base, Parallels, Inserts/Small Sets and Oddball Wants.  I currently have my want lists from 1987 to 1999 plus 2010-2012 available.  I am hoping to have the 2000s and 1980s done by the end of the month.  Still haven't decided if I will do more than Bowman and Topps base prior to 1980, I am sure ultimately it will include all of them.

I know the lists are long but I am trying to be all inclusive to limit some of the dups I seem to get frequently. I love getting cards but currently I am storing 4 or 5 800 count boxes of Giants dups.  If you or someone you know wants some Giants drop me a line.

Back to the break.  The next box was 2003 Fleer Genuine.  The Giants only have 3 players in the base set, I was lucky enough to score all 3 plus a very nice serial numbered Descending parallel of 2B Ray Durham #008/121.  I needed all 4 of these cards in my collection and was very happy to pick them up.


Finally the last box of the break was 2003 Fleer Double Headers.  I had a few Giants cards from this set going in but was lucky enough to score these 4 additions to the Giants collection.  The bottom 2 are fold out cards that feature players from other teams.  I was very happy that Colbey decided that the cards should go to the person who could best display them.  Again this break leaves me just one card short of a team set - I need #25 Barry Bonds. 

Thanks for another great break Colbey!  If you have the last two cards for my team sets or any other Giants on my robust want list of the late 80s, 90s and 2010s, drop me a note and lets make a trade.
I think the two team sets with 1 card remaining my inspire me to create the sidebar Top Wants list that seem to score quite a few bloggers some goodies in trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment