Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Some Presidential Pickups

On President's Day I posted about my quest to complete the 1956 Topps US Presidents set. I was 12 cards away from finishing it.  After the post, I did a quick eBay search and found a lot of 6 cards, 4 of which I needed for my set.  I put in a quick bid of $6 (the minimum bid) and got not competition.  Since shipping was free, I pulled down the cards for $1.50 each.

 Here are the 4 cards that I needed for my set.  Thomas Jefferson is the most famous of the 4 but you have to love the beard on Rutherford B. Hayes.  I also think Hayes has the best background although the green color on Polk's card really stands out.

These two are the duplicates and are up for trade.  I am going to check and see if Hoover is a condition upgrade but if anyone is interested in either of these let me know.

I am down to needing 8 cards for the set including some big ones like George Washington and the Declaration of Independence card.  I am not going to go full speed after this set but I suspect that I will do some searches every so often and see if I can plug some holes in my set want list. I think it is going to look amazing once it is complete.

1 comment: