Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hall of Fame Auto - Bill Terry

I thought today would be an appropriate time to share my lasted HOF addition the day after the Hall announce two new inductees,  As you may know, one of my hobby focuses is on collecting autographed cards of members of the Baseball Hall of Fame.  My collection has grown at a nice and steady pace over the last few years to where I now have autographs of 77 different players with this new addition.

Here is the new card I recently added to my collection:


This is a cut auto from 2008 SP Legendary Cuts of none other than NY Giant Hall of Fame first baseman Bill Terry.  Terry had a 14 year career, all with the Giants, from 1923-36.   He retired with a lifetime .341 batting average including a year where he hit .401.  He was selected to the Hall of Fame in 1954 nearing the end of his eligibility.

I was surprised to find this card so affordable, it was under $30 delivered.  In looking at the Beckett Online price guide it only has a high book value of $50 so I suspect the print run of 94 cards keeps the price down - that is fine by me!  I really like the flair he put into his signature and the cut actually looks pretty good compared to many with it being in a box that fits nicely into the card and doesn't have any background images to mute out the autograph.

This addition at this price will probably tweak my approach to tracking down new players for my HOF collection, I may start seeking out some cut autos of older players instead of all the newer players I am missing

No comments:

Post a Comment