Monday, April 21, 2014

McCovey Monday #49 - 2014 Topps Museum Collection Primary Legends Pieces Quad Relic

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1100 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

I finally picked up a new high end McCovey and I am excited to show it off.  This card comes out of 2014 Topps Museum Collection:

I think this is a beautiful looking card. I was a little disappointed to see on 2 Giants (Will Clark and Willie Mays) in the base set this year, it is always fun going after the base and parallels in this set.  I find it one of the most visually appealing sets each year.  However, this McCovey and some of the Jumbo Bat Barrel and Jersey relics I have seen have made up for the disappointment.  I hope to pick up a couple more McCoveys and maybe some other Giants from this set.

In addition to the great quad bat pieces on the front, I really like the Quad Qualities on the back.  The four qualities listed here aren't things that are new to me but I find them interesting and a little outside the norm for card facts.

Time to hunt down some eBay deals on more Museum Collection Giants!

1 comment:

  1. I have the Clark base and copper parallels. Do you have any Brewers stuff to trade me? If you might, shoot me an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete