Monday, October 26, 2015

McCovey Monday #80 - 2014 Panini Cooperstown Cyan Printing Plate 1/1

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.

I used to chase after every autograph, parallel and 1/1 of Willie McCovey. However over the past 5 years my collecting interests have diversified and my spending budget has leveled off so it just isn't possible to get into bidding wars on rare McCovey cards. 

That doesn't mean I don't desire them to be part of my collection.  I still have a saved eBay search for McCovey 1/1 and get a daily email if/when new cards are posted for sale or auction.  Most these days seem to be sketch cards by random people as opposed to cards coming out of packs and boxes.  When one does pop up that I am interested in, I will throw out a bid just in case the card comes in within my budget and recently I was able to get one in this fashion.

A nice Cyan Printing Plate. While the back shows it is from 2014 Panini Hall of Fame baseball, these plates were inserted in the 2015 product.  I was able to get this for under the price of a blaster and I am really happy with the card. This plate has a lot of detail and presents quite nice.  Willie's face and even the grains and logo from his bat are easy to see.  I am now up to 1275 different cards of my favorite player!

No comments:

Post a Comment