Monday, March 23, 2015

McCovey Monday #74 - 2014 Ginter Minis

My favorite player of all time is Hall of Famer Willie McCovey.  I have amassed a collection of over 1200 different  McCovey cards since I started collecting him in the late 1980s.  I will show off one of my favorite cards every Monday.  Stretch was one of the most feared hitters of all time and I am excited to show off my collection.


I have had some scans of some Willie McCovey minis in my to post folder for quite some time, it is a nice looking trio of cards:
 The first card of course is from the 2013 Ginter set.  The black border looks great with the Giants card, nicely matching the hat and sleeves Willie is sporting on the card.  The other two cards are from the 2014 release with the "regular" mini and the A&G back.  All 3 of these are nice additions to my McCovey collection but a recent addition really inspired me to share some Ginter minis:

I recently saw this Flag Back card hand serial numbered 11/25 pop up on eBay with a $9.99 opening bid.  I popped a $15ish bid on it and waited my 7 days.  Luckily nobody else placed a bid and I was able to bring this fairly rare card home. The front is the same as the regular mini but this unique back is quite nice.

In addition to the 3 cards shown here, I have the black border and red border /33 cards.  Getting this card has inspired to me look for the gold border and no number minis to complete the non-1/1 rainbow. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Nice score on the 11! I made a spreadsheet of Giants and minis to see what I had an needed but it made me tired...so many minis...

    ReplyDelete